The role of the Accounts Assistant will be to support the work of the Finance Manager by undertaking a wide range of accounting related tasks. These will range from supplier accounts payments and invoicing to preparing a range of reports, all with a view to ensuring financial information is collated, checked and analysed efficiently and to current standards. The role also requires the registration of learners and various administrative duties.
General Work Outline
- Prepare reports/returns in line with funder requirements
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports
- Assist with the annual accounts in preparation for the audit
- Process entries including invoicing, cash lodgements, visa and bank payments
- Responsible for bank reconciliations
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit control
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Funders and Suppliers
- Responsible for cash receipts and processing
- Maintenance of Capital Assets Register
- Produce other reports as required
- Supporting the fundraising work of the Service
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time and assigned by the Finance Manager or CEO
- This is a full-time post involving 35 hours per week worked over five days. While primarily hours are worked during usual office hours work will be required from time to time on evenings and weekends
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- All staff operate within the philosophy of Clare Youth Service, recognising that the Service is a youth centred, values led charity
- The position is subject to funding being available
- There is an initial probationary period of three months
Please note this job description outlines the key functions, duties and responsibilities of the particular post and may be updated from time to time to reflect changes in operations, practice or legislative requirements.
The ideal candidate should be a qualified Accounting Technician with a successful track record in book-keeping. You need to be proficient in Sage Line 50 and familiar with using departmental reporting. Familiarity with payroll packages is a requirement while knowledge of Quantum Accounting package would be a distinct advantage. You should be a good team player with excellent communication and organisational skills. You should be able to plan your work and work within agreed targets. Attention to detail, commitment to good practice and adherence to quality is essential as is your ability to work with people of all ages, demonstrate a positive attitude and work within the ethos of Clare Youth Service.
- Significant work experience in a busy accounts office
- Accounts Technician Qualification (Level 6 /Third Level Diploma) or higher
- Computer literate with excellent MS Excel skills
- Must be experienced with the use of Sage Line 50. Familiarity with payroll packages is a requirement while knowledge of Quantum Accounting package would be a distinct advantage
- Ability in and confidence with accounting
- Self-confident, dependable and ability to show initiative
- Able to work unsupervised to proactively complete tasks
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work effectively with external bodies, e.g. Revenue, Financial Institutions, Auditors and Funders
- Thorough and methodical approach
- Flexible with a positive work attitude
- Proven ability to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have ability to interface and work effectively with staff at all levels across the organisation
- Excellent communication skills, listening, written and verbal
- Experience of working with a charity or similar organisation with a range of funders
- Experience of fundraising / volunteering with a Charity
- Evidence of personal commitment to ongoing professional development
To apply for this role, please download and complete the application form below and e-mail it to email@example.com
Link to application form: Download Application Form
Closing date for applications: 5.00p.m. Tuesday September 1st 2020
- A panel may be formed from which future positions funded from a variety of sources may be filled.
- Clare Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.
- Posts are subject to Garda Vetting.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- This post is part funded by Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board.